When Labor came to Government last year, we knew Australia was facing a period of economic uncertainty. Unpredictable events outside our control have caused real challenges. But Labor won’t shy away from the challenge.
And in Anthony Albanese we have a Prime Minister who shows up, takes responsibility, and works with people to fix problems.
We know Australians are doing it tough right now. That’s why helping Australians with the cost of living, without adding pressure to inflation, is this Government’s top priority.
The Albanese Labor Government is working for Australia by:
• Supporting Australians with the cost of living with cheaper childcare, cheaper medicines, extended paid parental leave, energy bill relief and fee free TAFE.
• Investing record amounts into Medicare and bulk billing.
• Building new homes, investing in affordable housing and making renting fairer.
• Tackling climate change by legislating to reduce emissions.
• Managing the economy and creating jobs in challenging times.
For details regarding Labor's plans and policies passed into law, visit our Media section or government department websites.