Invest in cleaner, cheaper renewable energy
Deliver cheaper, cleaner renewable energy for our future
Skyrocketing power prices and climate change deserve serious answers, and a serious plan.
Labor has offered to work on a bi-partisan position on energy, but the Liberals and Nationals are so divided they can’t agree on a policy amongst themselves.
We need to take back control of our energy future. Labor will take real action on climate change and deliver cheaper, cleaner power.
- Invest in cheaper, cleaner renewable energy – deliver 50 per cent renewables by 2030.
- End the power privatisation mess – keep Snowy Hydro in public hands, and put an end to incentives for states to privatise their electricity assets.
- Better regulate power prices – with a new regulated capped offer protecting families and small business from price gouging by big energy companies.
- Stronger gas export controls – to keep Australian energy prices down and protect local manufacturing jobs.
- Future proof our energy network – by supporting new battery-storage, transmission lines, gas pipelines and dams.
- Support a just transition to renewables – helping workers and communities as ageing coal plants close and are replaced with cheaper, cleaner renewables.
- Empower businesses and communities – with support to access renewable energy and cut energy waste.
- Cleaner transport – setting a national electric vehicle target of 50 per cent new car sales by 2030, and new vehicle emissions standards to save money on petrol and cut carbon pollution.
- Working with big business to reduce pollution – extending the cap on pollution implemented by Malcolm Turnbull, only applying it to the big polluters and protecting industry competitiveness and jobs.
- Helping farmers tackle climate change – revamping the Carbon Farming Initiative so farmers can make money from reducing pollution.