Fix our schools and hospitals
Quality health care for every Australian when and where they need it
Your health care should depend on your Medicare card, not your credit card. Labor created Medicare and we will always protect it.
- Drive down cancer specialist costs - cover the cost of seeing a specialist oncologist and surgeon when you have cancer and boost Medicare rebates for diagnostic imaging.
- Invest in more beds, doctors and nurses – to cut waiting lists for elective surgery and unclog emergency departments.
- Deliver new MRI machines – with Medicare licenses for the suburbs and regions that need them.
- End the Medicare Freeze – to address rising out-of-pocket costs and keep health care affordable.
Give every child, in every school the best start in life
Investing in education is critical to building a stronger economy. We want all children to get a quality school education that nurtures their individual talents and prepares them for the future.
- Give every school the funding it needs – with more teachers and resources to give students greater individual attention and extra support for kids with special needs.
- Two years of pre-school education for every child – quality universal preschool education for three and four years olds taught by qualified early educators.
- Create more apprenticeships – waiving upfront fees for 100,000 TAFE students and making one in ten positions on infrastructure projects an apprenticeship.
- Build better TAFE – invest $200 million in TAFE upgrades and guarantee public TAFE receives two thirds of vocational education funding.
- More university places – end the Liberals cap on university places and help 200,000 more young Australians graduate from university over the next decade.